Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dyslexia Reading Pen - Topscan Text Scanner & Text Reader, Scan Text the Computer Will Read It, Text

Dyslexia Reading Pen - Topscan Text Scanner & Text Reader, Scan Text the Computer Will Read It, Text Will Be Editable After the Scan.
  • Easily captures text from paper and transfers it directly into the computer
  • edit the text. this unit works with any application you have on the PC
  • Using advanced OCR software, our products can capture and copy rows of text and send the data directly into any Windows application
  • Our products can incorporate just about any text-to-speech , you scan and the computer will speak the text
  • workes with all windows opration systems including the new Windows 7

I have had this pen scanner for about one year now and use it frequently to copy text as I read it. I immediately use Zotero (or Endnote if that is more familiar) to insert the bibliography. This is useful for insertion into my thesis, or I would need to type everything. The only glitches I had were in the beginning to install it took a while to figure out, but I asked for some help from customer services and they were great and helped no problem. Yes, it took time to get the scanning process right I use a ruler and have perfected the art of gliding the pen over the words. I silence my speakers = dont use the "read-back" option as it is monotonous and does not pronounce the words well, so it is a bit off-putting. BUT all in all a great item!

Buy Dyslexia Reading Pen - Topscan Text Scanner & Text Reader, Scan Text the Computer Will Read It, Text Now

This was an amazing purchase! Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, but I had about a thousand pages that had highlighted passages that were needed for an open book exam. It took a good few days but I would never have been able to type it in anywhere near that time. Overall I am very happy with the scanner.

Read Best Reviews of Dyslexia Reading Pen - Topscan Text Scanner & Text Reader, Scan Text the Computer Will Read It, Text Here

The Pen Scanner works as advertised. I use it for pasting quotes from books into my research papers. It works best if you put a ruler under the line you are scanning, to keep the scanner on track. Without a ruler, it still works, but accuracy is better with a ruler. The customer service for this product has been fantastic. A poor quality photocopy doesn't scan as well (no surprise). When working in low light, if you find the plastic tip too bright for your eyes (compared with the light in the room), the vertical side of the plastic tip can be covered with a piece of post-it.

Want Dyslexia Reading Pen - Topscan Text Scanner & Text Reader, Scan Text the Computer Will Read It, Text Discount?

I'm a lawyer and frequently have to quote printed text. This thing is perfect for short passages, so I can avoid the hassle of having to scan, OCR then copy and paste. I love that it's portable so I can take it into libraries and document rooms with me (along with a laptop -no in-device memory).

As other reviewers have noted, it's not great with poor quality print or unorthodox fonts.

Overall, a great product that I use all the time.

Save 32% Off

This sounded like such a great product, I was very excited to order it. Once I got it, I felt like I really got ripped off. The packaging was very cheap, not even sealed,and the pen itself looked like it should have retailed for about $19.99. It completely fell apart yesterday and I had to put it back together. If this is a genuine product, it's really sad. I feel duped for paying almost $100.00 for it. I am in college and thought this would really help me out, but it's almost more pain than it's worth. The red light that goes onto your page when you are scanning is so bright, it fries your eyeballs. Then, the scanning... it just puts in random things and I spend more time fixing it than if I would have just typed it in the first place. I'm sure there are much better scanners out there. Keep looking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment