Sunday, March 30, 2014

Extended Battery forDell Mini 5, Streak, Streak US (with cover)

Extended Battery forDell Mini 5, Streak, Streak US
  • Voltage:3.7V
    Capacity:2400mAh
    Battery Type:Li-ion

  • Certificate:ISO9001, CE, RoHS
    Warranty:12 Months

  • Brand New
  • Replacement Battery

To get more mAh you need a physically bigger battery, hence you get a replacement battery cover that creates a big hump on the back of the phone. The good news is that you get a kickstand and kickstands for phones like this are awesome. The bad news is that the original battery cover design never anticipated this big hump. Instead of sitting flush with the back of the phone, now the retention clips for the cover are getting constantly hammered in a way they just weren't designed for. Within a few weeks you'll notice that you've bumped into something or grabbed the phone the wrong way and the battery cover has popped off, immediately shutting off the phone (there is a little pin inside that presses against the battery cover). As the retention clips continue to get hammered the back cover will pop off more and more until you start seriously considering super glue. If your phone is nearing end-of-life, a couple of drops of glue to hold the battery cover on are no big deal. Go for it, then get a Galaxy Note II like I did. :)

Note that the problem with the battery cover popping off is NOT the fault of the manufacturer of this extended battery. The retention clips on this new battery cover are every bit as good as the originals. They're just being asked to cope with a lot more abuse than they were ever designed to. It's like entering your Prius in the Paris-Dakar Rally.

Buy Extended Battery forDell Mini 5, Streak, Streak US (with cover) Now

Extended Battery forDell Mini 5, Streak, Streak US (with cover)

I was very surprised with the prompt delivery of my new battery, but not half as surprised as with the battery's performance. The streak 5 power consumption is legendary, it is not uncommon for me to charge my phone twice, even three times within 24 hours, especially if I forgot to switch off my wifi.

Enter this battery, for the 4 days I have been using this battery I have to (believe it or not ) remember to charge the darn thing. At the end of the day I am above 50 % power remaining.

Last night during a power outage, I watched music videos and part of a movie for over 1 hour straight, that was after my previous over night charge, and usual telephone conversations, however at lights out I had just over 40 percent charge remaining.

This report may be considered standard for a normal phone, but for a dell streak 5 its phenomenal. The stand also came in very handy during the blackout, now if only my otter box case could fit over the extended battery.

Read Best Reviews of Extended Battery forDell Mini 5, Streak, Streak US (with cover) Here

I've reiceved this product on time, the seller was very prompt. One thing I was worried about were the legs for the cover of the battery as it is a custom cover to accomodate the custom battery. I was thinking about the Mugen power one but after a little bit of research found out the mugen power one, despite the high price they ask for that battery, they also have plastic legs for the battery cover and this makes the product less reliable, imagine how it would be like to try to put the batter cover in place and have a few of those legs breaking on you. Terrible. Anyway this item arrived with a nice, smooth surface battery cover with little metal legs. very happy I've purchased this item. The battery itself is very good as well, great battery life time. Strongly recommending it. George, Lb, CA.

Want Extended Battery forDell Mini 5, Streak, Streak US (with cover) Discount?

The battery and cover fit like a glove but the battery life was not any better than the OEM battery that comes with phone. I ended up returning mine.

I had the 1345mAh before upgrading to this. but I still only have about 5-8 hrs. Dell streak's battery life sucks

No comments:

Post a Comment