Friday, January 31, 2014

PNY P-CFSM-USB-PB Dual Card Reader

PNY P-CFSM-USB-PB Dual Card Reader
  • Dual-slot flash card reader for digital cameras and PDAs
  • Data transfer rates of up to 1.2 MBps
  • Easy connectivity with USB
  • Supports Windows and Mac
  • Multislot design for CompactFlash Type I/II and SmartMedia cards

The reader works greatly for smartmedia cards, only make sure to insert the card correctly. I haven't tried with other kind of cards, but the only drawback is that it could have a better eject mechanism for smartmedia cards. It has a green light that blinks when the card is been read, but it's on the top of the unit, so it isn't much visible. BTW, it is pretty fast and the installation was very easy on Win98 and WinMe. Haven't tried on WinXP or Win2000.

Buy PNY P-CFSM-USB-PB Dual Card Reader Now

There are two things to be aware when you use the reader with the IBM microwdrive (either 340MB or 1 GB versions): 1. Inserting the drive in the slot to its mechanical stop causes the green light to go off, and the drive to be disconnected from the USB. I insert drive about half way in, watching the light. 2. The reader has no read light, so I don't know when it is finished its read/write process, and safe to remove the drive.

Good things: it's fast, and reliable with the above exceptions.

Read Best Reviews of PNY P-CFSM-USB-PB Dual Card Reader Here

My reader worked fine until upgrading to XP. The W2K driver

hasn't been blessed by Microsoft and you're told so when

trying to install the driver. I went ahead and installed the

driver anyway and the device worked for a few minutes before XP

blue-screened.

I checked the PNY site and supposedly this device is suppose to

work with XP.

Want PNY P-CFSM-USB-PB Dual Card Reader Discount?

This is an excellent value, reading both flash media and smart media. No more cables and power adapter for uploading digital camera data and your pictures are instantly available with no upload time.

This device is compact and self-powered and useful even as an additional drive for your computer. It's especially useful for transporting large files from one computer to another if no zip drive is available. You can throw this tiny thing right in a briefcase or pocketbook and the driver takes less than 10 seconds to install. The weight is negligible and certainly less than lugging a zip drive and power adapter around if you need file portability.

I bought the PNY unit to transfer pictures between my PC and compact flash cards. It saves my camera batteries and makes managing CF cards a breeze. I'm running Win2K pro and haven't experienced any serious setup or usage problems. The transfer speed is acceptable. I have not tried a smart media card yet. The CF reader shows up in explorer as a removable media device; my imaging software also finds it with no problems. The unit only has a power indicator and there is no visible way to tell when the reads & writes are finished. Also, while the USB driver works fine on my PC, the user interface for ejecting cards is clunky. Though I'm not unhappy with the PNY card reader, I'm not overjoyed. I would very much like a status light and a better eject method on my next card reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment