Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Serial Adapter - Plug-in Module - Compactflash Card - RS-232 - 921 Kbps

Serial Adapter - Plug-in Module - Compactflash Card - RS-232 - 921 Kbps
  • Works in the CompactFlash slot of Pocket PCs, Windows CE-based PCs, and Handheld PC Pros
  • Acts like a Windows COM port
  • Compatible with external high-speed modems
  • 115.2 Kbps
  • Includes an irremovable cable with molded strain relief

I purchased this to connect a Dell PDA to a Raven GPS system. It works very well for this combination. I have also purchased a "non-ruggedized version," and I wouldn't recommend it unless absolutely necessary. It is little more flimsy in the connection between the cable and the CF card, and extra care needs to be taken when handling the "non-ruggedized" version. Overall, I am very pleased with this product.

Buy Serial Adapter - Plug-in Module - Compactflash Card - RS-232 - 921 Kbps Now

I did not like it because it would not work for the application for which I purchased it. I was using it to access a Vaisala 555B weather station. I tried an early version Quatech Model: SSCFR-100 which worked great with my Dell Axim X50 PDA. I don't understand why it would not work.

Read Best Reviews of Serial Adapter - Plug-in Module - Compactflash Card - RS-232 - 921 Kbps Here

We have been trying to use the I/O card with a Jornada 548 with Fowler Gages' digital calipers and Taltech's CE-Wedge software. We were warned by Socket Communications that there was a potential problem with freezing up if the serial com port was not turned off before turning off the computer. Based on this, we purchased the card and were careful not to do this, but found that after 1-3 hours of work, the computer froze up to the point that we needed to remove the battery to get it to turn off. Based on this with 2 computers, we do not recommend the combination. Socket agrees that there is a problem with the driver, but has no plans to make any changes. Suggests using a Compaq IPAQ instead.

Want Serial Adapter - Plug-in Module - Compactflash Card - RS-232 - 921 Kbps Discount?

Easy installation for my Casio E115, I used it to connect to a barcode scanner for stocktaking a warehouse. The speed is ok (I wonder if there're 4Mbps models anyway?), and the connectors seem to be stretchable and durable enough for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment