Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Plantronics .Audio 628 Stereo USB Headset (.Audio 628)

Plantronics .Audio 628 Stereo USB HeadsetI use this headset for dictating with Dragon Naturally Speaking, and I am totally satisfied. It is comfortable to wear for long periods, and the accuracy is excellent. Highly recommended.

As economic headsets go, this one is defiantely a leader of the pack. Yes, there are nicer sounding and more comfortable ones out there, but not for anywhere near what these cost.

I use these for listening to music and watching TV shows on my computer. My kids use the heck out of them talking to their cousins via Skype.

The sound quality is good, better than I thought it would be actually. While they are not as good as some of the high end 'monitor' type headphones, these are likely better than what you are using now. The phone functions of the headset works easily and installation is almost thoughtless.

I have a big head (7 3/4 hat size), and these are comfortable on me. Not sure Id want to wear them all day, but I had no problem watching 2 hour movie with them on.

Overall, I can easily recomend these to anyone in the market for this type of product.

Buy Plantronics .Audio 628 Stereo USB Headset (.Audio 628) Now

Love this headset. It is very comfortable and the sound is great with Skype. Easy setup and works with skype immediately.

Read Best Reviews of Plantronics .Audio 628 Stereo USB Headset (.Audio 628) Here

I have the Plantronics .Audio 655 Headset and GameComPro1 PC Gaming Headset with the latter being my 'standard' headset. Both are mainly used for gaming and chat clients such as Ventrilo, Teamspeak, or via game consoles which is how I used the .Audio 628 headset as well.

The sound quality is pretty acceptable. These aren't headphones for every day listening so audiophiles need not apply but putting that notion aside both incoming and outgoing sound is clear (assuming the mic sensitivity and output are dialed in properly of course). The in line controls on this model work well and the raised +/on the volume defines the function easily when blindly operating the device. I personally have not used this headset for Skype, as I don't have anybody to Skype with on a whim, but I would hazard a guess the phone button picks up and hangs up just fine. Functionally this is a respectable headset.

On to comfort, and perhaps to a lesser extent build quality, I'm going to have to knock a star. These aren't horridly uncomfortable, or prone to inflicting excessive inward pressure like the .Audio 655 Headset was for me, but they don't feel very secure or well-positioned while on my head. Overall they feel under-weighted with little spring to them outside general curve on the unit. They sort of remind me of the feel that the packaged headphones used to have with a cheap discman. Ultimately they wouldn't be my first choice for extended use but being that they're marketed/designed for Skyping I think they are adequate for light use to that end given the price point.

All things considered not too shabby. A little uncomfortable albeit not in a painful/distracting way but the sound quality, simple features, and price make it a decent headset to recommend for pedestrian use of Skype and other chat clients. If you find yourself in need of something a little more substantial or demand comfort for extended wear then I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Want Plantronics .Audio 628 Stereo USB Headset (.Audio 628) Discount?

I used this head set with Skype, 3CX and a lesser-known SIP Soft Phone. I heard all callers perfectly, and no one complained on the other end.

I have a feeling those complaining about comfort, probably wouldn't like any head set. It's certainly less bulky than the Logitech head set I owned.

Plantronics is also normally more of a corporate-grade product, so you get a couple of small bells and whistles, like hardware volume and call control, which I (and most people) would never use, but worked fine.

Save 38% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment