Thursday, October 31, 2013

iPAQ hx2410 Pocket PC

iPAQ hx2410 Pocket PCHP IPAQ HX2410. If you need WiFi, Bluetooth, SD and flash card this PocketPC really hits the spot. I've had it for about 2 months and took it to Asia. Picks up airport and local hotspots no problem. Buttons are convenient and easy to not accidentally push. The toggle button is a bit small for my fat fingers, but functional. The voice memo button is especially well protected from accidental pushing, but does take a second to find when you really want to record something. I like being able to turn it on and view the start screen through the plastic flip top.

Outdoor visibility is good.

Handwriting recognition is exception even without training it. With the new `training' feature you can be pretty sloppy and the PDA still figures it out.

Battery life is exceptional, I purchased a 2nd battery and charger because I was going to remote places in Asia, and couldn't be without the PDA. Turns out I never needed the second battery. All day off and on usage totaling 4-6 hours was no problem for 1 standard 1440 mAh battery.

Also makes a terrific MP3 player (I added a 1GB SD card)

The only problem I've had is occasional freezing of the OS. The more I use it the less this has happened (go figure) A soft boot fixes it, maybe a bios upgrade from HP will fix this.

2/2006 update After a year of use. There is slight scratching where I write the most and those areas are less sensitive to writing. A screen cover may be a good idea. I've updated to windows mobile 5 better exchange support a bit more polished interface no backup program. For most people probably not worth it. I added an 8GB CF Disk (ST68022C-RK) Very nice I use the disk to store WMA, there is slight pause each time you access the drive but when listening there is no pause. Definitely uses more battery but still can get 5 hours of continuous audio usage. Still happy with the product.

The hp2410 I initially bought was intended for utilizing my medical programs and drug-dosage guides for my work. The screen wasnt working so well, the alignment of the letters for typing wasnt accurate. The equipment gets three stars for the minor screen alignment irritation, the company gets five. I contacted the company about this screen issue and was immediately assisted in ways to realign the screen or reboot the pc. When this didnt work, a replacement was immediately suggested by the company and a label for ups return was sent to me via email with no delay. In the short time I had the pc I did enjoy the easy advantages it offered me as a nurse, quickly looking up medications. I decided to upgrade to a new pc! The company made this transaction so easy for me, with a quick upgrade payment my new pc is on its way. I cant wait till it gets here!!

Buy iPAQ hx2410 Pocket PC Now

No comments:

Post a Comment