Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Socket Mobile Serial I/O CF Card with 16550 UART

Socket Mobile Serial I/O CF Card with 16550 UART
  • Works in the CompactFlash slot of Pocket PCs, Windows CE-based PCs, and Handheld PC Pros
  • Acts like a Window COM port
  • Compatible with external high-speed modems
  • 115.2 Kbps baud rate
  • Includes a removable cable with industry-standard DB-9 connector

Socket Communications keeps bringing the handheld market some of the lowest power consuming PCMCIA and CF devices around, and the Serial I/O CF card is no exception! I use it primarily on my HP 200LX palmtop when I need an extra serial port for a mouse, and it has almost no noticeable affects on my battery life! My friend borrows it to connect his HPC (which doesn't have serial ports) to his cell phone whenever I'm around. He should buy his own already! And of course, it's small enough to keep tucked away in your carry bag unnoticed just in case of an emergency.

Buy Socket Mobile Serial I/O CF Card with 16550 UART Now

Overall, this is a good product, but I do have one suggestion to consider. I have purchased both the ruggedized and non-ruggedized version of this product, and I am satisfied with both. The non-ruggedized model works well, but it requires the user to be more careful/gentle than you have to be with the ruggedized model. The difference between the two is the non-ruggedized version has a extra connection where the cable meets the CF card, and allows you to disconnect the CF card from the cable. The ruggedized version does not have this connection, and is built more sturdy at this point. If you have no reason to disconnect the CF card from the cable, I would suggest buying the ruggedized version.

No comments:

Post a Comment