Monday, June 30, 2014

iHome iDM70BC iPad 1 Case with Built-In Rechargeable NXT Flat-Panel Stereo Speakers (Black)

iHome iDM70BC iPad 1 Case with Built-In Rechargeable NXT Flat-Panel Stereo Speakers
  • Protective silicone sleeve
  • 6-position stand
  • Built-in rechargeable flat NXT stereo speakers
  • Plays iPad sound through included audio cable that allows you to enjoy your music, movies, games and apps anywhere
  • Flat stereo speakers - specially designed flat NXT stereo speakers deliver clear, crisp sound with a thin profile that fits anywhere
  • 6 position stand for optimal access allows you to find the perfect angle for typing, interacting with games or apps;
  • Comes with storage pouch and Velcro fasteners
  • Connect the internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery to a computer or other power source with the included USB cable
  • Durable case protects your iPad - stylish faux leather case keeps your iPad safe and beautiful on the go;
  • Silicon inner sleeve with cutouts for headphone jack, dock connector, on/off and volume
  • Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with USB charging cable;

This case is for the iPad first generation. iPad2 is smaller and has a more rounded shape contour which will not be a good fit here.

The exterior is made of sturdy leather or leatherette (I can't find a box description if it is made of real leather or not). The iPad, besides being protected by the leather flaps, will also be encased inside a silicone frame. To make sure it is securely closed when not in used, there is an elastic band (similar to Moleskine notebooks) that you can wrap around the cover.

There are several positions you can do with the case, for typing, watching and listening. This can be achieved by switching the two Velcro straps to support the flaps.

There is no extra battery for your iPad, the built-in USB rechargeable battery is for the speaker. The USB cable and the 8mm audio cable are housed in the middle of the iPad cover where there is a mesh pouch. Both are about 8 inches long.

The speaker is louder than the iPad's own speakers, but don't expect too much. It sound very decent, just don't have enough base.

If you have the older iPad, this is a decent external speaker and protective case.

Buy iHome iDM70BC iPad 1 Case with Built-In Rechargeable NXT Flat-Panel Stereo Speakers (Black) Now

This is a lovely leather Ipad case, but it's also a very nice set of portable speakers. When I'm at home, I sometimes hook it up to my little television that isn't loud enough. If it will take a headphone jack, it can be hooked up to these speakers, and it's nice when one product can be good for more than one purpose. I like the elegance of this solution as well as the elegance of the product design.

Read Best Reviews of iHome iDM70BC iPad 1 Case with Built-In Rechargeable NXT Flat-Panel Stereo Speakers (Black) Here

I had a previous cover that I loved. I didn't think another cover could compare, but this cover blows my previous one away. It makes it easy to stand your ipad up for movie watching or for use upright with a portable keyboard. It feels like it has more sturdy protection compared to my previous case, and yet it still doesn't add that much weight or bulk. My favorite part is the speakers. I can't believe that such a small cover can make my ipad sound like a real stereo. I think the sound is great, but I will admit that I prefer a softer, low bass sound. This case does everything I can imagine that I'd want a case to do. I highly recommend it.

Want iHome iDM70BC iPad 1 Case with Built-In Rechargeable NXT Flat-Panel Stereo Speakers (Black) Discount?

I feel so incredibly ripped off now. I bought the darn Apple smart cover for my Ipad and it's a useless thing compared to this.

First of all, this is a very well designed, well built, and solid case that protects your Ipad. I feel safe putting my iPad in there and carrying it around without running the risk of scratching it. The smart cover is a flimsy little thing that does nothing but cover up the screen, it's useless in my opinion as the rest of the iPad can be easily damaged. This case not only has a nice leather case surrounding and protecting the expensive iPad from all sides, it also has an internal silicone sleeve for the iPad. Tack on a screen protector and you've literally got two layers of protection for your iPad on all sides. I finally feel good about carrying it around and using it without fear of damage.

As for the the speakers: they're much better than the built in ones for the iPad. However the sounds isn't perfect but it's still very loud, clear, and strong. The rechargeable battery is such a godsend as opposed to other portable Ipad-compatible speakers that drain your iPad for sound output.

Great design in sound, protection, quality, durability, and comfort. I highly reccomend buying this instead of anything the Apple store offers similar to it.

Save 64% Off

I wasn't all that impressed with this case. I was intrigued by the idea of having a case with built-in speakers, but after using it for a month or so, I've gone back to my old case, the AYL Folio iPad case). This one does make a nice stand for watching movies, but so does my other case. My main issue with this one is how much bulk and weight it adds, it's quite noticeable versus the other case. More annoying, the charger cables are inside at the hinge and I could not get them folded away enough for the case to lay flat when shut, you have to use the elastic band to get it fully shut. It's really annoying. So really the only reason to use this is if you intend to use the sound features a LOT. The sound is just so-so. It definitely is better than the iPad, particularly to produce any amount of volume. But it quickly gets tinny, lacks bass, and is very directional (fades at angles quickly). If you want sound that projects any distance at all, you will want to look elsewhere. I compare it to any of a number of small plugin speakers you can get for an iPhone/iPad and the sounds is pretty much the same, without having to carry the bulk and weight of this case. I tend to need to use headphones as usually I am not someplace where I am able to turn the sound up; in situations where I did want sound, I needed much more than it would produce, so for me, this was a fail compared to other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment