Monday, June 30, 2014

eForCity USB HOTSYNC+DATA CABLE Compatible with PALM TREO 750 680 650

eForCity USB HOTSYNC+DATA CABLE Compatible with PALM TREO 750 680 650When this cable arrived there was no button familiar to Palm users to hotsync; I could not get it to work and was very frustrated. After some conversation with customer service, I did some exploring and discovered that I can initiate a hotsync from the PDA ... go to the main menu, go to hotsync screen and tap the hotsync graphic; it's actually an icon and will then initiate hotsync.

No button needed.

Dave K

So, as other reviewers have stated, the cable won't synch with certain palms. Mine is a 755p, and the synch will not work out of the box. Other users with 650 seem to have the same problem (which makes sense, I believe the 755p is almost identical to the 650).

SOLUTION: If you were unlucky enough to buy this cable, and you have a few minutes, it is possible to fix the cable to work. I believe the problem is that this cable has pin 6, which is the "hotsynch" pin. Typically, if your cable has a "hot synch" button, this pin grounds out to activate the synch. Although the pin connects to nothing in the cable, its presence causes problems. Removing it corrected the problem for me at least.

HOW TO DO IT: If you have tweezers or a tiny pair of pliers, count from the side OPPOSITE the power connector (big square peg) to the SIXTH pin. Pull this pin out. I couldn't get it out from the outside, so I just popped open the connector. To open the connector, there are is a little plastic flap on each side holding it together open these (I just broke them) and pry hard and the case will pop open. Form there I just used tweezers to pull out the sixth pin from the inside, and put the case back together. Voila! It works.

Hope this helps!

(Check out http://pinouts.ru/PDA/palm_treo650_pinout.shtml for more details on the connector if you are interested)

Buy eForCity USB HOTSYNC+DATA CABLE Compatible with PALM TREO 750 680 650 Now

I love this cable it allows me to connect any USB device to my PC. Works with my Palm. I bought it for Treo 650 and it works great. A whole lot cheaper than what cellular stores want for these.

Read Best Reviews of eForCity USB HOTSYNC+DATA CABLE Compatible with PALM TREO 750 680 650 Here

Bought this for my Palm TX. Since it is a combination data/power usb cable, I no longer carry the TX power adapter. Just plug into my laptop to transfer data and charge My Palm in one step. Sweet.

Want eForCity USB HOTSYNC+DATA CABLE Compatible with PALM TREO 750 680 650 Discount?

Rating it one star because the item as-is, does not work as advertised on a Treo 650.

This cable (in a bag marked Palm Tungsten T5 USB [2-in-1] Cable) DOES fit my Treo 650, but it won't sync to my computer (yes, I know how to initiate a Hotsync on the Treo without a cable button!!!). Works as a quick charger, though.

Eforcity tried to make this right and sent me another (identical) cable. Same problem: charge, but no sync. Examined their cable with a magnifying glass and noticed that the pin-out is different from my original sync cable. Taking a chance (since now I had 2 cables from seller), I pulled pins out to make their cable like my Treo's it worked!!! Now it syncs as well as charges!!!

Save 89% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment