Friday, February 28, 2014

CrazyOnDigital 4-item Kit- Leather Case, Screen Guard and Reader Light for Barnes and Noble Nook

CrazyOnDigital 4-item Kit- Leather Case, Screen Guard and Reader Light for Barnes and Noble Nook
  • Top quality Leather custom made case for the Barnes and Noble Nook eBook Reader
  • Protective Screen Guard prevents screen degradation over time caused by dust, grease and scratches
  • Night-time Reader Light allows full enjoyent of product during night-time hours
  • Brand New Product
  • Comes with signature green CrazyOnDigital wristband!

Of course I didn't expect real leather for the price I paid, but I really wish they were honest with the product. The case is made out of a simulated leather material that feels very thin, but it does have a good feel to it. It's easy to handle and seems like it would be easy to clean. The case fits the Nook perfectly and I've read that it will also fit the Kindle, but YMMV. Also, the simulated leather material emits a rather strong chemical odor. It dissipates after a couple of days, but it was pretty annoying right out of the package.

The clasp is a magnetic type that seems a little "off". It closes fine, but it doesn't seem very centered and you can tell by the picture. That doesn't seem like it would be a problem, though.

The accessories aren't that great. The light is bright enough, but the metal clip seems too tight. I tried to place it on the cover, and the thin material seemed like it was in danger of ripping. The light takes three small watch-type batteries which could be a little expensive. I didn't try out the screen guard, but I see no purpose for it. The case should protect the Nook and the main screen isn't even a touch screen, so you shouldn't worry about it scratching.

Finally, the rubber wrist band is amazing! It's green! It stretches! I haven't tried it out, but you could probably shoot it at your least favorite relative or use it to bind something together. You most likely could use it as a fashion statement because I imagine the lime green color would go with just about anything. As a bonus feature, not only does it include the company's name and log, but it also includes some memorable catch words (something like life, love, honor, blah blah blah).

Buy CrazyOnDigital 4-item Kit- Leather Case, Screen Guard and Reader Light for Barnes and Noble Nook Now

I was not expecting real leather just something that was durable and comfortable enough to carry my nook. That is what I found, it's no sense in spending 50.00 or more unless you just have that type of money to spend for accessories. As far as the light and the clip apparatus, I clip it onto the cover right behind the nook instead of clipping it onto the nook itself. That method seems to work well for me when it's necessary to read using the light. I am satisfied with my purchase thus far, and the wristband that came with it, My grandson is having fun with it. We can sit side by side reading our books him on his V-Tech V-Reader and me on my Nook, doesn't get any better than this.

Read Best Reviews of CrazyOnDigital 4-item Kit- Leather Case, Screen Guard and Reader Light for Barnes and Noble Nook Here

Unlike the other reviewer that pointed out that this was not real leather, I was expecting this to actually be real leather. Why? Well, because the description very clearly stated that it would be. The description doesn't just say leather, it says "top quality leather". This isn't even close. In fact, all the other fake leather stuff that I won laughs at this because it's the worst fake leather that I've seen. I gave it two stars because it does protect the device, so it's better than nothing. But my fear is that over time, this stuff is going to start peeling and leave a mess in my backpack.

As for the other stuff that comes with it... The light I received seems to be defective. You have to wiggle the light around to get it to turn on. I'm not using this for a nook (it's for an Archos 7) so I'm not using the screen protector. So I can't comment on that. And the bracelet? Well, it's an ugly green bracelet. I don't really get why it was even included with this. But honestly, I couldn't have cared less about these items as I was just interested in the case, and it was a disappointment. I ended up buying a real leather case off fleabay for ten bux.

Want CrazyOnDigital 4-item Kit- Leather Case, Screen Guard and Reader Light for Barnes and Noble Nook Discount?

Just put my new Nook Color in this case and am good to go. The Nook Color fit perfectly. Handy to have screen protector with micro cloth included. Not only that, but a soft card is also included to get out any air bubbles. Unfortunately, the screen protector is too small for the Nook Color. Perhaps the standard Nook would be a better fit. Plus, an instruction sticker stuck to the screen protector itself marring it rendering it unusable. All in all, thoughtful combo of goods.

Unlike other reviewers, I have no idea if my case is real leather or not. If not, well it appears to be well made and will stand up to use. The straps inside hold the Nook well and it will not fall out. The magnetic clasp holds it shut well. I believe my Nook to be well protected inside of it.

The light works, but it is not as nice as the official light made for a Nook. That one has a pad on the clip that holds it dircetly on the Nook and will not scratch. I haven't tried the one that came with this set on an actual Nook and I doubt I will. There is nothing to keep it from scratching a Nook. It is a metal clip that doesn't stretch much and would not stretch far enough to fit directly on the Nook. It does, however, work and can be used with a regular book.

I did use the screen protector. I followed the relatively simple directions for putting it on. It is the right size for a regular Nook. I cannot, in any way, shape or form get all of the air bubbles out of it. Most of the time it does not matter, but if I look in the right direction, I can see little air bubbles throughout the screen.

As for the bracelet, I am with one of the previous poster. I have no idea why it is included in this set. It has nothing to do with this product. Perhaps they had no other way to get rid of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment