Saturday, August 30, 2014

SanDisk SDDR-95-A15 xD / SM Reader

SanDisk SDDR-95-A15 xD / SM Reader
  • Able to copy data between two memory cards
  • Easy to use; just drag and drop your files
  • Saves batteries; let an ImageMate Dual Reader (not your portable device) transfer your files
  • USB Mass Storage Class Devices
  • Certified Windows XP and Mac OS X and USB Full-Speed

Nothing much to say it reads and writes SM and XD cards with no problems whatsoever. Plug-n-Play is nice; I was up and running in a matter of minutes, right out of the box. A great price also, since everything I found in stores was around $20.

The only disappointing thing about this purchase was Amazon.com. The reader arrived in a severely tampered-with package. The entire back compartment that houses the USB cable had been cut open and was dangling, and the entire supposed-to-be sealed plastic rim that surrounds the package was cut off. Luckily the reader didn't appear to have been tampered with, and I'm assuming that maybe the cable was swapped out or this was a return. However, whatever the reason, there is no excuse for Amazon to ship out a new item in this condition. There is no way that someone could have overlooked this, other than simple lack of concern. Out of the 10+ purchases I have made with Amazon, this is the first one that has disappointed me.

Buy SanDisk SDDR-95-A15 xD / SM Reader Now

this is great! TRUE plug and play with both MAc(both 9 and 10) and Win(all versions 2000 and up)

so much better than a pny one which isn't true plug and play at all even with windows xp you still have to install the drivers from the cd =(

ScanDisk products a also very reliable.

Read Best Reviews of SanDisk SDDR-95-A15 xD / SM Reader Here

I already had an 8-in-1 reader and didn't realize that it couldn't read xD. You see I'm new to the digital imaging market and just bought a new digital camera. It turns out I needed an xD reader/writer and the SanDisk 95 fit the bill.

The price for one of those CF/xD adapters was too much, the same goes for the USB/xD adapter and the PCMCIA/xD adapter.

I needed something inexpensive (so that if it dies in the field, I can buy a new one w/o remorse), compact and travels easily with the camera.

So far the performance is admirable.

Want SanDisk SDDR-95-A15 xD / SM Reader Discount?

This was the last issue that was USB2. Early issue drives were USB1. Works perfectly for those of us still using Smartmedia.

This is a great little gizmo. It has a slot to transfer photos from both an Olympus SM and a Fuji XD card. I use both an Olympus camera and a Fuji for low light/museum photos. Yes, I know they are not the latest as cameras go, but they still take great photos. I bought the Sandisk for use while traveling, as my desktop has the slot built in. I am not a techie, but you don't have to be to use this device. There was no software to install, I just plugged in the USB and it worked straight away. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment